Hey guys! It’s Casy and today I’ve been going shopping and running around stores looking for ingredients for these Vegan recipes I’ve been creating – I’m not vegan lol 😂- but I’ve been really rubbish with food lately and really need a ‘detox’ type thing. These recipes are brilliant and I tend to sit and create them but I usually scroll through all these brilliant Foodie blogs and collect tons of ideas and adjust them to my own tastes and ingredients (Is it just me who has never been able to find Quinoa anywhere?) So today I decided to create these Vegan Protein ‘Bites’. Ok so no, these didn’t quite turn into ‘bites’ – but I tried! These are incredibly simple and delicious – I’ve honestly been surprised by how filling and delicious these are! They don’t look like it, but they taste like a sweet treat and are really really healthy! They honestly took me about five minutes to whizz up, and you could really easily double up the mixture and create smaller ones, bigger ones whatever! They require absolutely no baking! Ok I think I’ve plugged these enough – try them and you will understand why!
No-bake Vegan Protein Bites
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup of dried fruit – I used mango, apple and pear.
- 1 tablespoon of Fruit Syrup (Or Agave nectar, Honey, golden syrup etc.)
- Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- Start by chopping up your dried fruits into small pieces.
- Add Chia seeds, oats and dried fruit into a bowl and mix.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla and syrup. Mix thoroughly. If your mixture is too liquidy add more oats or more syrup if the opposite is true.
- Form small (or big!) bites of mixture.
- Pop into fridge and that’s it!
I told you these were simple! Honestly they are delicious and really healthy. These are great as ‘on-the-go snacks’ and are seriously addicting!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post – I’m going to try and post a few more recipes on here because a lot of people requested it! If you try these out please let me know on Twitter (@recovering_ed) and tell me what you thought!
Stay safe and strong,