1. Please don’t talk about your diets in front of me. It’s incredibly triggering, and you are so beautiful as you are, I don’t want you to deny food you crave. I know where obsession leads.
2. Please don’t talk about what I am and am not eating. I know you might be pleased, but if you mention it I feel like a failure to my eating disorder.
3. Please don’t beg with me. It makes it worse. I’m sorry, I really am, but there are days when there’s nothing I can do.
4. Don’t be upset if I don’t talk to you for ages or act withdrawn. I have a mind that goes to horrible places.
5. I don’t think I deserve to look like you – it’s not that I think you’re fat. You’re beautiful and healthy and I don’t think I deserve that.
6. I’m sorry if I never go to restaurants with you, the dishes are always higher in calories.
7. I can’t just eat. I’m sorry but I can’t.
8. Often I just need to be with a person. We don’t have to have a conversation. It really can help.
9. I wish we could order dominoes too. You can. Maybe one day I will too.
10. I don’t enjoy not eating. I would love to eat big meals like you, and be healthy, but the reality is not as simple as that.
11. I might be having a bad day, and I might act differently. I can go from one extreme to the other. One minute I can’t stand to be alone, the next I crave isolation. I don’t understand it either.
12. None of this is your fault, nor is it mine.
13. I’m envious of your ability to eat 3 meals a day and look so beautiful. I will never tell you, but I wish I could be like that.
14. Don’t be paranoid about talking about food around me – I have not forgot it exists, and it is what fills mi brain 24/7.
15. If you see me eat well, I haven’t suddenly recovered. It isn’t that easy, although I wish more than anything it could be.
16. Try and understand. Ask questions but not too many. I don’t hold all the answers, because I don’t know them all. Talk. Listen.
17. Please don’t try and relate to it. I am not dieting.
18. I overthink everything. A short message, a declined FaceTime. Please be aware of this.
19. I need you to help me remember who I was before this.
20. If I eat with you it is a sign of immense trust so please don’t abuse it.
21. If I am in danger tell anyone you can trust to get me help. I don’t care how much I beg you not to, this could be dangerous.
Stay safe and strong,
Featured image does not belong to me. All Rights to original owner